Dermalex - Manage your skin condition
Dermalex® offers targeted products for the treatment of different skin conditions. Each product is formulated to treat and relieve the specific symptoms. They are gentle on your skin, moisturising and protecting. Our products contain no steroids or antibiotics. They have no known side effects and are suitable for long-term use.
Dears Pharmacy carry the Dermalex range in all our pharmacies. Our pharmacists and their teams are here to provide support and advice to help manage and look after your skin.
Main advantages of Dermalex® products
- Provide relief from flare-ups
- Treat the symptoms
- Hydrate and protect the skin
- Contain no steroids or antibiotics
- Are suitable for long-term use
- Proven to be well tolerated
Eczema is also called dermatitis. It's a chronic skin condition that makes the skin red, itchy, dry and cracked. Flare-ups can occur on every part of the body. There are different kinds of eczema and the affliction varies from person to person. It is considered a challenging and distressing skin condition to manage.
The two most common types:
- atopic eczema (which occurs in areas where the skin folds)
- contact eczema (usually found on hands and feet)
Dermalex® Atopic Eczema cream
Atopic eczema - also called atopic dermatitis - usually starts in childhood. Genetic factors play a strong role in causing this condition, as 60% of children who have a parent with eczema will develop it themselves.
Flare-ups can be triggered in three ways:
- psychological factors like stress
- environmental factors like extreme temperatures
- allergens like certain animals or food ingredients
Although it’s more common in children, adults can have regular flare-ups, with symptoms such as inflammation, redness, itching and cracking of the skin.
If you have atopic eczema, the protective barrier of the skin is weak. It cannot produce enough fats and oils (called lipids) that are needed to retain water and keep the skin moist and flexible. A dry and cracked skin makes access for irritants and bacteria easier.
Dermalex Atopic Eczema cream is specially formulated to treat atopic eczema. Uniquely, it works in four ways:
- Moisturizes the affected skin.
- Replenishes the missing lipids to restore the skin’s protective barrier.
- Prevents irritants and allergens from entering the skin and triggering new flare-ups.
- MagneoLiteTM complex improves the skin’s own repair mechanism, reducing redness and irritation
Dermalex® Hand Irritation
Uniquely effective cream for the treatment of mild to moderate eczema in adults and children. Dermalex Hand Irritation treats eczema symptoms, moisturises and helps the skin to rebuild its protective barrier.
- Contains no steroids.
- Appropriate for long-term use
If you have eczema your skin loses its protective barrier. It cannot produce enough fats and oils, called lipids, that are needed to retain water and keep the skin moist and supple. Gaps open up between the skin cells, allowing bacteria or irritants to pass through. This results in the typical eczema symptoms such as inflammation, redness, itching and cracking of the skin.
Dermalex Hand Irritation is unique in that it treats eczema in several ways:
- moisturises the affected skin.
- replenishes the missing lipids to restore the skin’s protective barrier.
- prevents irritants and allergens from entering the skin and triggering new flare-ups.
Rosacea means ‘red as a rose’. It is a chronic condition characterized by inflammation of the skin on the face, causing reddening and flushing. Rosacea sufferers have good days and bad days, given that flare-ups are erratic.
Dermalex® Rosacea Cream
A skin-friendly cream to treat rosacea symptoms while restoring your skin's protective function.
- 95% noticed reduced redness
- Contains no antibiotics or steroids
- Suitable for long-term use
- Clinically proven efficacy
Though there is no cure for rosacea, it can be successfully managed. We strongly advise you to treat this condition at an early stage, to prevent it from getting worse.
Dermalex Rosacea treats rosacea with its special triple action:
- The exclusive Tri-Solve complex protects the skin against external triggers with an invisible film containing UV filters.
- Treats the symptoms, while moisturizing the skin and reducing the redness.
- Replenishes the ceramides to help the skin rebuild its own protection mechanism.
You can use Dermalex Rosacea over long periods of time, as it contains no steroids or antibiotics. Dermalex has no known side-effects.
Gently clean your face with lukewarm water. Apply the cream twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, on the affected area (excluding the eye contour). Dermalex can be used as often as needed and is suitable for long term-use.
You can apply make-up 15 minutes after applying the treatment. Be careful to use a gentle make-up remover (without alcohol, for example), to avoid triggering a flare-up.
Psoriasis occurs when skin cells multiply too fast. Normally the skin renews itself every 3 or 4 weeks. In psoriasis sufferers it happens every 3 to 7 days. This overproduction breaks down the protective skin barrier, allowing the escape of moisture and the build-up of plaques of thick, scaling skin.
Symptoms include red and inflamed skin, often covered with loose, silver-coloured scales. The affected skin can be itchy and painful; sometimes it cracks and bleeds.
Dermalex® Psoriasis Cream
An effective and skin-friendly cream for the treatment of mild and moderate psoriasis. Dermalex Psoriasis reduces itching and scaling, moisturises, and rebuilds the skin’s protective barrier.
- Does not contain steroids.
- Appropriate for long-term use
- Clinically proven efficacy
Dermalex Psoriasis treats mild to moderate psoriasis in 3 ways:
- Its unique Magneolite™ complex repairs the skin barrier and creates a protective layer on top of the skin to keep in moisture.
- It addresses the root cause of scaling by normalising the production of skin cells.
- It treats symptoms (removing patching and scaling) and stimulates the skin’s own repair mechanism.
- In clinical tests Dermalex Psoriasis has proven that mild and moderate psoriasis can be treated effectively.
Apply Dermalex Psoriasis to cleansed skin 2 to 3 times a day. Massage the cream gently into the affected areas. First 3 days of application: apply on damp skin.
Suitable to use over large body parts and over long periods of time
Dermalex Repair & Restore Ultra Hydrating Moisturiser
Dermalex® REPAIR + RESTORE cream is clinically proven to intensively hydrate skin by locking in moisture and strengthening the skin barrier function.
- Cream helps to leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
- Absorbs easily, non-greasy.
Apply the cream twice a day, ensuring the skin is clean first.
Our pharmacists and our teams are on hand to help you look after your skin from prevention to treatment and always with no appointment necessary. Pop in to your local Dears Pharmacy to learn more about the Dermalex Range in store.
Price: Please enquire.
Frequency: When required...
This service is available in / from the following pharmacies:
Select your preferred pharmacy to visit their page and enquire about this service or just pop in when it suits you.