Back pain is very common and normally improves within a few weeks or months.
Pain in the lower back (lumbago) is particularly common, although it can be felt anywhere along the spine – from the neck down to the hips.
In most cases the pain isn't caused by anything serious and will usually get better over time.
There are things you can do to help relieve it. But sometimes the pain can last a long time or keep coming back.
How to relieve back pain
The following tips may help reduce your backache and speed up your recovery:
- stay as active as possible and try to continue your daily activities – this is one of the most important things you can do, as resting for long periods is likely to make the pain worse
- try exercises and stretches for back pain; other activities such as walking, swimming, yoga and pilates may also be helpful
- take anti-inflammatory painkillers
- use hot or cold compression packs for short-term relief
At Dears Pharmacy we can supply a range of products including naproxen following a short consultation with our pharmacy and no prescription necessary.
Naproxen is a powerful anti-inflammatory painkiller. It is used to relieve muscular and joint pain, such as arthritis, as this normally also involves some sort of inflammation.
What is Naproxen
Naproxen is used to treat pain or swelling caused by conditions such as:
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Back pain
- Bad headaches
- Period pain and menstrual cramps
The standard recommended dose for Naproxen is between 250-500 mg taken orally twice a day – or every 6-8 hours as needed.
How to take Naproxen
Naproxen 500mg tablets should be taken TWICE daily, with a gap of at least six to eight hours between doses. They are normally taken with breakfast and your evening meal.
Naproxen can be taken as required although it is often best to take it regularly for a number of days to help an acute injury such as a sprain or strain.
Always ensure Naproxen is taken with or after food.
Like all anti-inflammatory medicines, Naproxen can cause side effects.
Common side effects can include:
- Gastric side effects including upset stomach, heartburn, stomach pain, constipation, or diarrhoea. These can also include bloating and gas.
- Dizziness & headache.
- Blurred vision or ringing in the ears.
- Skin itching and rash.
Some of these side effects may be less likely to occur if Naproxen is taken with or after food.
Price: Small charge
Frequency: When required...
This service is available in / from the following pharmacies:
Select your preferred pharmacy to visit their page and enquire about this service or just pop in when it suits you.