Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Saliva Testing Service
Tests will be managed and administered by Dears Pharmacy, who will use trained healthcare professionals to take precise samples, that will then be accurately and quickly analysed, producing results within 15 minutes of the sample being taken with no appointment necessary.
We are pleased to offer our simple to use, cost-effective, testing solution, to let you identify current infection in real time on a regular basis. The test uses a saliva sample, so no more invasive nasopharyngeal swabs, making it incredibly easy to both administer and receive, and gives your easy-to-read result in just 15 minutes.
World's First 'No-Spit' Saliva Antigen Rapid Test
The Rapid Response® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Pen (Saliva) is an in vitro immunoassay. The assay is for the direct and qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral nucleoprotein antigens from saliva samples through visual interpretation of colour development. This test is intended for professional use only.
- First and the only no-spit test dedicated to COVID-19– Its sponge-like pen tip will collect a sufficient volume of specimen in 2 mins without the need to spit and avoiding uncomfortable nasal/throat swabbing.
- ALL IN ONE– No need to waste time setting up a workstation and handle numerous assay components. All you need is one pen that can be used comfortably in any location.
Anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies are immobilized on the test region of the nitrocellulose membrane. Anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies conjugated to coloured particles are immobilized on the conjugated pad. A sample is added to the extraction buffer which is optimized to release the SARS-CoV-2 antigens from specimen. During testing, target antigens, if present in the saliva samples, will be released into the extraction buffer individually packed in the kit. Consequently, the extracted antigens will bind to anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies conjugated to coloured particles.
As the specimen migrates along the strip by capillary action and interacts with reagents on the membrane, the complex will be captured by the anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies at the test region. Excess coloured particles are captured at the internal control zone. The presence of a coloured band in the test region indicates a positive result for the SARS-CoV-2 viral antigens, while its absence indicates a negative result. A coloured band at the control region serves as a procedural control, indicating that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking is working.
- Sample Type: Oral Fluid / Saliva
- Format: Pen
- Target: SARS-CoV-2 Nucleoprotein Antigen
- LoD (SARS-CoV-2 Virus): 100 TCID50/ml
- LoD (rSARS-CoV-2 NP): 0.1 ng/ml
- Relative Sensitivity (86 samples): >90.0% (69.9%-97.2%)
- Relative Specificity: >97.0% (89.6%-99.2%)
- Duration: Results available in 15 minutes.
- Test Principle: In vitro immunoassay
How it works:
Bring devices to room temperature (18-30°C) before use.
- Open the pouch and remove the Saliva Collection Pen and Extraction Buffer Cap from the packaging. Label the Saliva Collection Pen with patient identification. For best results, the assay should be performed within two hours.
- Clear throat, then cough deeply four times with mouth closed before collecting the samples.
- Remove the plastic guard from the tip of the Saliva Collection Pen.
- Place the Saliva Collection Pen in the mouth above the tongue. Hold in place for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Saliva Collection Pen from the patient’s mouth. Holding the Saliva Collection Pen vertically, place it into the Extraction Buffer Cap. Press down to break the seal of the Extraction Buffer Cap, which will release the buffer solution.
- Start the timer immediately after breaking the seal. Read the results at 15 minutes.
Price: The test costs from £69 per person with results in 15 minutes. No appointment necessary for this service. Certificate issued with every test.
Testing Locations: If you would like to book a test with Dear Pharmacy please contact us at the following branches:
Suffering from COVID symptoms:
If you suspect that you may have Covid-19, but only mild symptoms or potential exposure to someone with Covid-19, we recommend that you book a PCR test and, in line with NHS advice, self-isolate for 7 days from when symptoms started. If you live with others you should self-isolate for 14 days from when the first person in the house became ill.
There is no need to call NHS 111 to self-isolate. However, if symptoms have not improved after 14 days, contact NHS 111 online or by phone. If your symptoms worsen at any point please call 111. If you are struggling with your breathing please call 999. Tests are currently only being offered by the NHS to patients who are being admitted to hospital and some NHS frontline staff and some key workers. This leaves many people with uncertainty about the best course of action for their own health.
This service is available in / from the following pharmacies:
Select your preferred pharmacy to visit their page and enquire about this service or just pop in when it suits you.