Are you concerned about having high cholesterol?
Cardiovascular disease is the single biggest killer globally, with 32% of all deaths every year attributed to this preventable disease. The key blood test to assess your cardiovascular risk is a 5 marker lipid panel, which is which what the PocDoc Lipid Test provides.
The PocDoc Lipid test is a quantitative lateral flow test that tests for the following biomarkers via the PocDoc app, alongside providing a cardiovascular health questionnaire:
- High density lipoprotein (HDL)
- Total cholesterol
- Total cholesterol : HDL ration
Optimise your health with us
Take control of your health in a positive way. Understand whether your lipid profile may be impacting your health and what you can do to help yourself.
Using a quick and easy pharmacy-to-laboratory finger-prick blood test. Get your results while at our pharmacy.
How PocDOC Lipid Testing works
- Book your appointment at your local Dears Pharmacy & Travel Clinic.
- During your appointment our highly trained team will help with the following.
- Completing a health questionnaire on the PocDoc App.
- Taking a finger prick blood sample and completing the PocDoc lateral flow test.
- Letting the test develop for seven minutes – a colour change will be visible in the test sites.
- Taking a photo of your test using a tablet or phone and the PocDoc app – the app then will analyse the colour change and convert it into your actual result for each marker.
- Receiving results immediately via the app alongside a personalised health assessment.
- Discuss your results and any actions you might wish to take to support your health.
Do in 7 minutes what takes days or even weeks with lab testing!