From Friday 11th December Dears Pharmacy and Travel Clinic, in Partnership with Agilis Health Ltd, are offering COVID-19 point of care antigen testing from its Dunfermline High Street branch, along with Oxgangs and Easter Road pharmacies in Edinburgh.
Agilis Health are a market leader health diagnostic and screening business, currently focusing on provision of Covid-19 testing, that uses the highest quality, direct from manufacturer analysis units and testing products.
The tests will be managed and administered by Dears Pharmacy, who will use trained healthcare professionals to take precise samples, that will then be accurately and quickly analysed, producing results within 15 minutes of the sample being taken.
The analysis and testing products used are CE-IVD approved from global market leader Boditech, meeting UK and EU regulatory requirements. Features of the tests and service provision include, but are not limited to;
- Phone appointment to secure a test session
- Highly accurate analysis of samples both in terms of sensitivity and specificity.
- Quick results, within 15 minutes of the sample being taken
- Result printout for personal confirmation, and test certificate
- Non-invasive sampling administered by a healthcare professional
- Advise and information on other forms of Covid-19 testing, analysis and control measures.
The below graph illustrates the Boditech sensitivity and specificity performance:
An antigen test indicates presence, of the virus in an individual. This test is suited to early identification of the virus being present, assisting the reduction of it spreading, and helping to provide peace of mind for an individual, on receipt of a negative result.
If you would like to book a test with Dear Pharmacy please contact us at the following locations:
The test costs £99 per person
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not book an appointment.